Contest Rules and Regulations
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
2. Sponsor: SCA PERSONAL CARE INC. Suite 2600, 2929 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA USA 19104.
3. Eligibility: This Contest is open to adult extended care facility administrators residing in Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and who complete the attached business reply card and return to SCA Personal Care Inc. (“Sponsor”) between 12:00:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on April 15, 2016 EDT and 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on December 10, 2016 and on (the “Entry Period”). Entries are limited to one (1) per person. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Sponsor and their immediate family members and those living in their households are not eligible to enter or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. In the event Sponsor concludes that a potential winner is or should be ineligible, the potential winner will be disqualified, not receive a prize and an alternate winner will be selected, using the methods described below. The chance of winning is dependent on the number of entries received.
4. Prize: No purchase, payment or donation is necessary to win and will not increase or improve chances of winning. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. There is one (1) prize consisting of an Education Grant up to the amount of $1500 CAD. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable. Cash will not be substituted. Only one (1) Education Grant will be awarded. Once the prize is awarded, the winner will have 60 days to notify Sponsor, in writing (via email or regular mail) of the details of the Educational Conference they would like to attend. Details should include name, date, and location of the conference and cost of registration. Sponsor will then pay the registration fee on behalf of the winner directly to the conference facilitator. Once registration is complete Sponsor will notify the winner.
5. Selection of Prize Winner: A computerized random draw will take place in Burlington, ON on December 15, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. EST time. The Winner will be notified by communication sent to their mail and email address (as applicable) and must respond within ten (10) days of receipt of such prize notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected using the same procedure specified above. The winner will be required to answer a time-limited skill testing mathematical question.
6. Conditions: All entries become the property of Sponsor and for any and all purposes will not be returned. Sponsor will not be responsible for entries delayed, stolen, misdirected or lost. As a condition of winning any prize, all winners must complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release (“Release”) within ten (10) days of receipt of written prize notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Further, by accepting the prize, the winner consents (except where prohibited by law) to Sponsor’s use of their name, photograph and/or likeness, address, voice and statements made by or attributed to them, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest at any time and for any reason.
7. Privacy / Use of Personal Information: By participating in the contest, each participant grants to the Sponsor the right to use his / her first and last name, company/facility name, phone, email, street address, city, postal code and, existing TENA customer status for the purpose of administering the contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners.
8. Contest Results and Official Rules: To obtain the identity of the prize winner and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Michelle Oliver, SCA Personal Care, Inc. 1275 North Service Rd West, Unit 800 OAKVILLE, ONTARIO L6M 3G4. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
9. Disputes: Each participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a court in Toronto, Canada; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario. Quebec residents may submit any dispute respecting the conduct and awarding of a prize in this contest to the Regie de lotteries et courses de Quebec.